PocketGeek® Tech Repair Privacy Notice
(the Website) and book a repair appointment.
We provide this Website to facilitate the booking of repair appointments to PocketGeek ®Tech Repair Stores (the ‘Franchisees’).
This Privacy Notice applies only with respect to personal information collected when you use of the Website and does not reflect Our practices with respect to information gathered through other services, websites or other applications. For information about other services, please refer to the respective privacy notices applicable to such services.
- Your full name
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Postal address
- Details about your device (device make, model)
- Damage details (e.g., cracked screen)
- Repair option selected (e.g., walk in)
|Process activity||Lawful basis|
|To contact you, following your enquiry or booking to reply to any questions.||Performance of a contract|
|To allow you to book a repair appointment online.||Performance of a contract|
|Customer Service enquiries: reply to suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about.||Legitimate interest|
|We occasionally may invite you to participate in a survey following an engagement.||Legitimate interest|
|To power Our security measures and services so you can safely access Our Website and services.||Legitimate interest|
|For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about Our service.||Consent|
|To send you marketing emails which may include newsletters and special offers.||Consent|
- Assurant group of entities. We may disclose your personal data with Our parent company, Assurant, Inc. and affiliates.
- Franchisees. We disclose your personal data to Our PocketGeek® Tech Repair Stores Franchisees for the purpose described on this privacy notice (i.e., booking a repair appointment). Franchisees have a limited right to use certain Personal Data for their own purposes. They therefore qualify as independent data controllers for the following processing: manage and coordinate your appointment booked at their store, arrange the repair on your device as well as any invoicing and related operations for the provision of the service. Franchisees may also use your personal data for compliance with their own legal obligations, including maintaining books & records and other compliance obligations.
- Third party providers. We share your personal data to third party providers to perform commercial services on Our behalf. These third parties are permitted to use your personal data only if it is necessary to provide Us with these business services, such as customer supports, customer communications, application, third party applications to send marketing communications, and database hosting.
- Public authorities. If required by law or for the legal protection of Our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable law We may disclose your personal data to public authorities.
- Right to access the personal data We hold about you.
- Right to rectification (correction) of your personal data when incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to erasure of the data We hold about you, when We have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which We hold the data has come to an end.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time when the processing is based on your consent. We may be able to continue to process your personal data in some limited circumstances if We can base such processing on another valid legal basis.
- Right to restriction of processing, this means that the data will be blocked from normal processing but not erased.
- Right to data portability where processing is based on your consent, or on a contractthe right to obtain a copy of the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data based on Our legitimate interests, provided that there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that would override your interests, rights, and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. Where your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for such purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
Please note that in certain situations, and subject to applicable law, We may not be able or obliged to comply with all your requests, for example comply with a deletion request relating to information We are required by law to keep or have a compelling legitimate interest in keeping.
In so far as practicable and required under law, We will notify third parties with whom We have shared your Personal Data of any request for correction, deletion, and/or restriction to the processing of your Personal Data. Please note that We cannot guarantee third parties will follow up on Our notification and We encourage you to contact those third parties directly.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We may retain your personal data longer if this is required to comply with a law or regulation to which We are subject or necessary for Us to protect or exercise Our rights, for as far as allowed under the applicable data protection law.
- Email: email@example.com
- by post: PocketGeek® Tech Repair, Emerald Buildings, Westmere Drive, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6UN